- Drug-Free Workplace Advisor
Please note: The Department of Labor ended the drug-free workplace program in 2010. Accordingly, it does not currently administer a “Workplace drug testing” advisory web page and is not responsible for the content of the linked sites.
Drug-Free Workplace Policy Builder
Section 7: Drug Testing
This section will lead you through the design of a drug-testing program and recommend safeguards that balance the needs of the employer with the rights of employees. It will address the following questions:
- What safeguards will be built into the testing program?
- How will accuracy be ensured?
- When will testing be performed?
- How will testing be conducted?
- What substances will be detected?
- What will the consequences be?
- What assistance will be offered? Where?