Skip to Main Content
Compliance Assistance Resources

elaws - employment laws assistance for workers and small businesses

- Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor

Who must get a W-2 form and how does an employee obtain one?

The Department of Labor does not have jurisdiction over taxing employee's wages or providing W-2 forms to employees. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has authority over these issues.