- MSHA Fire Suppression and Fire Protection Advisor
Glossary for Diesel Equipment
Heavy Duty ---- (75.1908(a))
- Equipment that cuts or moves rock or coal;
- Equipment that performs drilling or bolting;
- Equipment that moves longwall components;
- Self-propelled diesel fuel transportation units and self-propelled lube units;
- Machines used to transport diesel fuel transportation units or portable lube units.
Light Duty ---- (75.1908(b))
- Any diesel-powered equipment that does not meet the criteria of heavy duty.
Permissible ---- Equipment approved under part 36
NRITL---- Nationally Recognized Independent Testing Laboratory
Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Multipurpose dry chemical with a 10A:60B:C rating, listed or approved by a nationally recognized independent testing laboratory.
Attended for Diesel Regulations
- Any machine or device operated by a miner.
- Any machine or device mounted in the direct line of sight and within 500 feet of a job site occupied by a miner.
- The equipment operator will be on the mobile equipment or immediately adjacent to the equipment and be capable of activating the fire suppression system in the event of a fire.
Please return to the Previous Page to continue using the Advisor.