- OSHA Lead in Construction Advisor
1926.62 (o) OBSERVATION OF MONITORING
(1) Employee observation. The employer shall provide affected employees or their designated representatives an opportunity to observe any monitoring of employee exposure to lead conducted pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section.
(2) Observation procedures.
(i) Whenever observation of the monitoring of employee exposure to lead requires entry into an area where the use of respirators, protective clothing or equipment is required, the employer shall provide the observer with and assure the use of such respirators, clothing and equipment, and shall require the observer to comply with all other applicable safety and health procedures.
(ii) Without interfering with the monitoring, observers shall be entitled to:
- Receive an explanation of the measurement procedures;
- Observe all steps related to the monitoring of lead performed at the place of exposure; and
- Record the results obtained or receive copies of the results when returned by the laboratory.