Employer Rights and Responsibilities Menu
Employers covered by the FMLA have specific rights and responsibilities under the law.
Continue to learn about all of the following employer topics, or select a main topic from the list below.
- Administering FMLA Entitlements
- Selecting a 12-Month Leave Year
- Intermittent Leave or Reduced Leave Schedule
- Substitution of Paid Leave
- Limitation for Spouses Working for the Same Employer
- Employer Notice Requirements and Recordkeeping
- Employer Designation of FMLA Leave
- Employer General Notice Requirements (Poster)
- Employer Eligibility Notice Requirements
- Employer Designation Notice Requirements
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Maintenance of Employee Benefits
- Employee Payment of Group Health Benefit Premiums
- Maintenance of Benefits Under Multi-Employer Health Plans
- Employer Recovery of Benefit Costs
- Employee Reinstatement
- Equivalent Position and Benefits
- Employee Reinstatement – Joint Employment
- Reinstatement Limitations
Covered employers should also review the certification and documentation requirements for eligible employees under the FMLA. See Documentation/Certifications from Employees.
Return to the Main Menu.