WebMILS is an electronic database containing information relating to national compliance with international labor standards. WebMILS provides information on the international labor standards included in the 1998 ILO Declaration of Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, with the addition of acceptable conditions of work. These are:
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- Elimination of forced labor.
- Abolition of child labor.
- Elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation;
- Acceptable conditions of work (minimum wages, hours of work, and occupational safety and health).
Through WebMILS, users may find the following types of information:
The info above provides guidance on The WebMILS Project to users to consider in order to exercise "due diligence" in conducting assessments of national-level compliance with internationally recognized labor standards.