Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Search FAQs

Enter a keyword, phrase, or question:

Question: Where can I locate a list of materials, supplies, etc. that have been approved for use in underground mines?

Answer: The Mine Safety and Health Administration's (MSHA) Approval and Certification Center in Tridelphia, West Virginia, tests and approves equipment that will be used in underground coal mines and gassy metal and nonmetal mines. Please review a list of approved materials.