Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Search FAQs

Enter a keyword, phrase, or question:

Question: What must a federal employee do when injured at work?


  1. Report the injury to the supervisor right away and obtain first aid as necessary;

  2. Complete a written report (Form CA-1 or CA-2) and give it to the supervisor;

  3. If a traumatic injury is involved, and further medical treatment is needed, obtain authorization (Form CA-16) from the supervisor for treatment by a physician of the employee's choice. If that physician is not available, the employee still has the right to choose a treating physician and should therefore select another;

  4. If a traumatic injury is involved, furnish the supervisor with medical evidence of any disability within 10 calendar days of claiming continuation of pay.