Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Search FAQs

Enter a keyword, phrase, or question:

Question: May someone other than the federal employee fill out a notice of injury, illness or death to receive compensation?

Answer: Yes. Another person, including the supervisor, may act on behalf of an injured employee or survivor and fill out the employee's portion of Form CA-1, CA-2, CA-5, or CA-5b. The person making the report should complete and sign the form and then submit it to the employee's supervisor.