Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Search FAQs

Enter a keyword, phrase, or question:

Question: Where can I get information about making workplace accommodations?

Answer: The Job Accommodation Network (JAN), sponsored by the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), provides employers, employees and others information about appropriate accommodations for specific individuals and jobs. JAN also provides information on the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and on resources for technical assistance, funding, education, training and services related to the employment of people with disabilities. JAN features the Searchable Online Accommodation Resource (SOAR), a web-based database of accommodation information based on the more than 250,000 cases to which it has responded. JAN can also be reached at 800-526-7234 (voice and TTY).