- MSHA Fire Suppression and Fire Protection Advisor
You have selected underground electrical equipment, conveyor belts, and other areas of mine.
The Advisor indicates that this is allowed except in return. 75.352
The minimum requirements are:
1. Automatic fire suppression required as per 75.1101 thru 75.1101-22 & 75.1103-9(d).
2. Slippage and sequence switches.75.1102
3. Waterlines parallel to the entire length of the beltline with outlets at 300ft.intervals and at tail piece and 500 ft. of fire hose at strategic locations withsuitable fittings and nozzle.75.1100-2(b)
4. Automatic fire warning device installed as per75.1103 thru75.1103-8 and 75.1103-10(a).
5. Other minimum requirements fire suppression materials and location, etc.75.1103-9(a) thru75.1103-9(d) and 75.1103-10(b).
Additional text of the regulations and text in the Program Policy Manual not included in this Advisor may be relevant for compliance decisions. This answer may not address all particular situations which may occur at your mine. Please contact your local MSHA District Manager for more specific guidance.
Please return to the Main Menu to submit another inquiry.