- OSHA Lead in Construction Advisor
1926.62 (a) SCOPE
This section applies to all construction work where an employee may be occupationally exposed to lead. All construction work excluded from coverage in the general industry standard for lead by 29 CFR 1910.1025(a)(2) is covered by this standard.
Construction work is defined as work for construction, alteration and/or repair, including painting and decorating. It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Demolition or salvage of structures where lead or materials containing lead are present;
- Removal or encapsulation of materials containing lead;
- New construction, alteration, repair, or renovation of structures, substrates, or portions thereof, that contain lead, or materials containing lead;
- Installation of products containing lead;
- Lead contamination/emergency cleanup;
- Transportation, disposal, storage, or containment of lead or materials containing lead on the site or location at which construction activities are performed, and
- Maintenance operations associated with the construction activities described in this paragraph.