- FLSA Section 14(c) Advisor
Denial of Certificate Application
It is the policy of the Wage and Hour Division to issue certificates under FLSA Section 14(c) to all employers who submit accurate and complete applications when there are no unresolved questions of compliance. However, applications for initial certificates may be denied for the following reasons.
- It is found that false statements have been made or facts have been misrepresented in an attempt to obtain a certificate.
- It is found that a certificate is not needed to prevent the curtailment of employment opportunities for workers with disabilities.
The procedures for the denial of applications may be found in Regulations 29 CFR Part 525.13.
I would like to:
- Continue learning about enforcement issues under FLSA Section 14(c)
- Return to the FLSA Section 14(c) Advisor Main Menu