- FLSA Hours Worked Advisor
Home-To-Work and Return Travel
Employers often allow employees to use a company vehicle for home-to-work and return travel. These vehicles can be of two types:
1. Vehicles which would normally be used for commuting, such as a
- pickup truck, or
- van (including mini-van) OR
2. Vehicles which would not normally be used for commuting, such as a
- 10-wheel dump truck,
- trailer/tractor rig,
- truck-mounted crane, or
- oil well drilling equipment.
Is the vehicle you provide your employee for home-to-work travel the type of vehicle that is normally used for commuting?