Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Search FAQs

Enter a keyword, phrase, or question:

Question: I believe my veterans preference rights may have been violated. Where can I file a complaint?

Answer: Preference eligibles who believe their rights under any law or regulation relating to veterans preference have been violated may seek information or file a complaint with the Department of Laborís Veteransí Employment and Training Service (VETS). Complaints must be filed in writing and within 60 days after the date of the alleged violation. A directory of VETS offices is located at