Skip to Main Content
Compliance Assistance Resources

elaws - employment laws assistance for workers and small businesses

- Veterans' Preference Advisor

This special complaint procedure may not be used for matters already covered by a formal appeal or grievance procedure. For example, if your agency fails to restore you to duty after you return from military service, you have the option of filing a complaint with DOL's Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS), or appealing to the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB). If you are not selected for promotion, you may grieve through your agency's internal grievance system.

Basis for filing a complaint

Main Menu

Veterans' Preference Advisor Home Page